DR. FRAN’S “7 SECRETS” OF HAPPY PEOPLE:
- 1. Give up trying to control other people, especially your partner.
- 2. Praise every increment in yourself toward independence and moving outward into the world. Cherish your ability to stand on your own.
- 3. View people as good until they demonstrate otherwise. Most people are good. Those who are not will reveal themselves in time and you can weed out the ones who are not worthy of your trust.
- 4. Do not strive for perfection. Be “good enough.”
- 5. Build self-esteem toward self and others by using words that support and motivate with empathy, rather than criticize.
- 6. Express your feelings in the moment. Do not allow anger and disappointment to build up inside you. Say what you feel clearly and respectfully. It will free you.
- 7. Give yourself Special Time. Take 10-15 minutes each day to be with yourself and chill. You’d be surprised how challenging this is when you have a spouse, children, and clients tugging at you 24/7. Give yourself short, undivided, positive attention each day for nourish and fortify you.