Challenges Parents Face
Here are my top eight most difficult milestones every parent must face. Each one is critical. You will likely transition through each one by holding your spouse/partner’s hand and using trial and error.
If you bump up against a wall in one of these areas please reach out to a child development specialist or psychologist for guidance. Fasten your seat belts and away you go.
The Eight Most Challenging Things Parents Face:
1) Teaching their infant to self-soothe and sleep through the night.
2) Responding to their toddler’s declaration of separation and autonomy with compassion and empathy. This declaration includes the toddler saying “no;” temper tantrums; and defiant behaviors.
3) Equipping their child with coping skills to deal with disappointments.
4) Tolerating being the target of their child’s anger and rage.
5) Dealing with their child pitting Daddy against Mommy for things the child wants-demands.
6) Being on the same page as their spouse regarding discipline and follow-through with consequences.
7) Letting go of their teenage children by rewarding responsible behavior with more independence and freedom.
8) Not intruding on their adult child’s life. Respecting separation and boundaries.